Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lots to celebrate!

Today we picked up our first CSA share!  It was filled with many great veggies - carrots, spinach, spring onions, potatoes, mixed salad greens, and 2 bunches of broccoli!  We aren't huge potato eaters, so I'll have to find some recipes.  The rest of the ingredients are either daily staples or can easily be pureed and frozen for use later on.  Hopefully it will be a good season - they did decide to supplement the carrots, broccoli, and potatoes from another organic farm.  It's just been so rainy and cloudy in our area the last several weeks that the plants aren't quite as mature as they normally would be this time of year!

 

More exciting news - earlier today I weighed myself at school.  I've been doing this once a week just to keep track of how I'm doing.  My official weight loss to this point is 15 lbs!!!  I was ecstatic to see that number.  Our meals are consistently clean, but my snacking still goes back and forth.  I'm glad to see it hasn't had a negative impact!  Ideally I'd like to lose 5 more pounds to make it to a healthy BMI, but I am very comfortable with the changes I've seen already.  This has been a complete lifestyle change, so we'll just keep doing what we're doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment