Sunday, March 20, 2011

A clean spin on an old favorite

Today's shopping trip was a lot less tragic than last week!  I spent the normal amount, but bought much cleaner foods.  I'm finding that it is not at all difficult to maintain a clean(er) eating lifestyle, but it does take quite a bit of planning.  This weekend we kind of took off, since we were running around and are still trying to work through some of our processed foods in the freezer and pantry.  I definitely notice that I am more tired, but it could also be the sleep interruptions from Natalie's cold :(  Back to regular clean eating tomorrow!

This week for lunches I'll be taking "Loaded Black Bean Burritos" and they smell delicious!  I took an hour this evening to make them all up, so they are ready to be heated each day.  For snacks, I'll stick to nuts with dry fruit, fruit with a hard boiled egg, and greek yogurt with granola. 

I was really excited for tonight's dinner.  I used a recipe from the Clean Eating Magazine's website to figure out how to "clean up" my favorite stroganoff.  It turned out pretty well!  The differences weren't too drastic.  I used whole wheat noodles instead of egg noodles, low-sodium beef broth in place of canned consumme, seasoned with a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper in place of the teaspoon of table salt, and carmelized onions and mushrooms with cooking spray instead of butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment